Nintendo Super Famicom Power Athlete SKUSFM4 (no box)
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Nintendo Super Famicom Power Athlete SKUSFM4
Nintendo Super Famicom Power Athlete SKUSFM4 also known as Power Moves is a 1992 fighting video game developed by System Vision and published by Kaneko.
The gameplay is that of a traditional head-to-head fighting game. But unlike most games of its type, the single-player mode is limited to one character, Joe, who is the protagonist of the game. One of the game’s most distinctive aspects is an RPG-like system which enables the player to boost Joe’s various attributes, such as strength, speed and endurance. Another gimmick is the use of a two-plane fighting area (similar to that of SNK’s Fatal Fury: King of Fighters).
- Joe – The main character, almost certainly based on Ryu; his special moves include a fireball delivered in much the same way as Ryu’s “Hadouken”, though with added recoil, and an airborne dash attack.
- Warren – A Hawaiian grappler. Warren’s technique names are patterned on surfing terms – “Big Wednesday”, etc.
- Reayon – The token female fighter, clearly inspired by Chun-Li.
- Vagnad – A huge wrestler with onyx skin, who has moves similar to Zangief’s. The game manual for the Genesis version refers to Vagnad as a survivor of The Holocaust.
- Nick – An arrogant, lightning-quick matador. His fighting style uses a combination of break dancing moves and knife throwing.
- Buoh – A kabuki-style fighter who can teleport and attack with his hair.
- Gaoluon – An acrobatic Chinese martial artist, wielding a pair of Deer Horn Knives.
- Baraki – A tribal warrior with a bestial appearance reminiscent of Blanka.
- Ranker – The non-playable final boss.
Actual item pictured.
Sega Games, Sega Mega Drive